I’ve just been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Creative Writing for Me. It makes me happy to consider myself quite versatile as a blogger considering that I’m not versatile in anything that requires any home economics skills as it is.
But, we can’t win’em all, so this award, I’m keeping.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
For The Versatile Blogger’s Award I nominate:
- The Arkenstone Blog
- Swooning Maruca
- Margaux’s Pen
- Chronicles of an Anglo-Swiss
- Willow Creek Farm
- Poesy Plus Polemics
- Poetree Creations
- Beverly Farr | Celebrating the Sweet Romance
- So Many Books So Little Time
- Nowhere in ParticulaRA
- Obsessive Behavior
Now for the 7 interesting things about myself (this is a lot harder than I thought!)
- I once had a civet cat for a pet after a friend couldn’t keep him. They’re those creatures associated with the most expensive coffee in the world (civet coffee), called kopi kuwak, sold in Harrods and which can cost up to £60 a cup. I wish people stopped buying this coffee as most civet cats are kept in harrowing conditions just to provide you with that expensive cup of coffee. I kid you not, civet cats are fed coffee beans, which then have to go through their gut and they shit it out – that’s what you’re shelling all that money for.
- I spin wool into yarn. I currently have 2 spinning wheels – a Schacht Matchless and a Fricke E-Spinner. Unfortunately I’m allergic to certain kinds of wool.
- I can write with both my left and right hand – although not at the same time.
- I once made it to the semi-finals at the Estero Beach tournament (now called Mex Tournament) in Ensenada, Mexico. Turns out I was a better volleyball player drunk than I was sober.
- I worked as a radio newscaster for a year and a half – my first real job at 18.
- I once took a class on how to cut and sew a suit from scratch. There’s a LOT of hand-stitching involved!
- The first novel I ever read (by accident) was Harold Robbins’ The Adventurers (I was 13), so whenever I meet anyone who tells me their name is Dax, I say, “Diogenes Alejandro Xenos” and they totally get me!
2 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger – That’s Me, Yo!”
you used to have a Civet cat; one of the many interesting things about you that you keep surprising me with! 😎 (I’m a bit speechless that you included me on that list 😯 but very thankful!)