A few weeks ago, DrAliman nominated me for the following awards (he actually said I could take one or both – so why not both?) and they are the WordPress Family Award and the WordPress Sunshine Award. Now I’ve never been nominated for any award before – except for a Tok-Tok Award back in the day and I don’t even remember what it was for.
And if you’re wondering what ‘tok-tok’ means, just imagine the sound a hammer makes when it hits a nail on the head (twice) and the nail ends up on a little block of wood. And around the head of the nail is a little red bow. That was my trophy. It must have been a hell of an achievement for me to have been awarded that!
So here are the rules for the WordPress Family Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog. Done. Check above.
- Link back to the person who nominated you. Check. Thank you, Dr. Alistair!
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
- Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
- That’s it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend and spread the love. Yippee! I’m busy spreading the love! Can you feel it yet????
Here are the rules for the WordPress Sunshine Award, which involve having to answer a few questions.
- Favorite color – Purple, of course!
- Favorite animal – Dog
- Favorite number – 17
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink – Pineapple, but I wouldn’t mind if someone sneaked in some rum and cream of coconut in it
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter – Facebook for family; Twitter for online friends
- My passion/s – writing stories, for now. I’m too deep into Camp NaNoWriMo to think of anything else at the moment
- Prefer getting or receiving presents – Do I have to answer that????
- Favorite days of the week – Saturday
- Favorite flower – Roses, and my favorite one grows right outside my window and she’s called Gemini, just like me.
And just when you thought I forgot all about the 10 WordPress family members that have had an impact on my overall WordPress experience, here you are! I’ve combined the awards as far as the selection of other nominees who deserve this award because I barely have more than 20 friends online. So 10 will have to do for now.
Thank you and I’m so happy to have moved over to this part of the neighborhood and knowing you all!
6 thoughts on “And the Award Goes To…”
Wow! Right right back attacha!
Yay!! Thanks! 😀 (also, squee!!)
Love your answers! Sneaking some rum into your favourite non-alcoholic drink, huh 😉
Why of course! And then there’s whiskey, too…and blue curacao ain’t too bad 😉
Congratulations! A Sunshine Award? Wow! And thanks so much for the mention! Purple is my favorite color too! 😀
Purple is definitely my favorite color! Thanks for the award(s)!